Monday, September 5

Delicious New French Cafe





 



New to the Spring Gardens section of Philadelphia is Cafe L'Aube, a Crepiere and cafe with a wide selection of savory and sweet combinations of spreads, fromage, meats, fruits as well as your average baked goods and excellent coffee and coffee drinks. 

I stopped in after hearing about the cafe from some neighbors and was charmed by the decor, atmosphere and the friendly and exacting owner and chef.  When there was some mishap with the quality of my coffee (nothing that I noticed...), he refused to let me drink it and made me a new cup right away.

I've stopped in since then for coffee or a muffin, but today I finally tried a sandwhich: The Savoire, turkey, brie and fig jam on a baguette.  It arrive on a large plate with fresh salad and home-made mustard honey dressing and was so unbelievably delicious...I was stunned.  The menu has so many delightful and surprising combinations, I'll be back soon to try more.

The location is fantastic, looking out on the Mural Arts Diego Rivera inspired lanscape mural and a block from the Spring Gardens community Gardens and the newly renovated Roberto Clemente Playground, it pairs well with a stroll through the neighborhood.

1 comment:

Momzblotterrantz said...

Love your blog, I just had to become a follower. Hope you can visit mine www.hauntedsouls.blogspot.com and follow me.