Sunday, April 26

"My Fairmount" Show at Rembrant's Restaurant

On the walk down to the gym this morning I had to stop and photograph the blossoms on the trees all up and down the block. I left Rembrant's to see the other art exhibits and found these amazing weavings at the Ukranian Social Club display. They had hand crafted wood carvings, embroidery, batiks, eggs, ceramics and paintings on glass that were intricate and beautiful.

All this month my work will be on display in the Z Cafe at Rembrant's Restaurant. There are 14 framed photographs, ranging from smaller 8" x 10" works to large 21" x 27" photo collages. The cafe opens at 8 am to serve coffee(espresso, etc.) and breakfast for folks waiting for the 48 or 7 bus at 23rd and Aspen Streets (like me) and has a really nice old wood bar to enjoy your coffee at while watching the flat screen to see when the bus is coming down the street (Bus Cam).

This is a nice neighborhood place in Philly.

The SHADFEST in Fishtown was great. I ran into many many Handmade Philly/Philly ETSY Teamers and local folks from garden, farm, library and design projects in the city. It's a wonderful park and being next to the water was great.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You could put the picture of the blossoms on your Etsy site--super nice! I wish you much success with this show.