Tuesday, January 3

New Cookbooks for the New Year!

I just found out I have a cousin who works at Powell's Books in Portland and I was so excited I asked for a gift card from there for the holidays. While most of the books are going to be for school, yesterday I ordered tons of cookbooks!  I found one great new book on making jams, pickles, sauces and crackers, then I browsed all the low priced used cookbooks and found book after book under $1:















You can see how varied my interests are :)
I also got one other one on Farmer's Market finds in the Fall, all for $38. 
My local bookstore didn't have much in the way of cookbooks,
so this is the next best bet.
I searched used cookbooks by price here:

I'm so excited to start canning!  I know, a little popular right now, but I got some recipes for corn relish, salsas, jams and more when I was waiting for the doctor and reading Better Homes and Gardens.  They actually have a guide to canning online: http://www.bhg.com/recipes/how-to/preserving-canning/ and I'm hoping to host some workshops with Handmade Philly in the Spring.

No comments: